can range from subtle changes to major repairs. Our dentists can perform a variety of procedures to improve your smile. There are many techniques and options to treat teeth that are discolored, chipped, misshapen or missing. We can reshape your teeth, close spaces, restore worn or short teeth or alter the length of your teeth. Common cosmetic dentistry procedures include bleaching, bonding, crowns, veneers and reshaping and contouring.
The term cosmetic dentistry can be misleading. Many of these dental improvements are not always just cosmetic. Many of these treatments will improve your oral problems, such as your bite.
Our dentists can answer the questions you have about the techniques used to improve your smile. The condition of your teeth and your desired result often indicate the best procedure for you.
Which procedure is right for me?
Our dentists can answer any questions you may have about techniques used to improve your smile. The condition of your teeth and desired result you want often dictates the best procedure. If you are considering a treatment, there are a few questions you can ask your dentist before deciding if a particular procedure is right for you.
- What will the changes look like?
- What should I expect through the course of treatment?
- What type of maintenance will be required?
What should I look for in a cosmetic dentist?
In order to make sure your dentist is skilled in cosmetic dentistry, the American Academy of Cosmetic Dentistry (AACD) recommends that you ask your dentist for the following items before undergoing treatment:
- Before and after photos. These photos will allow you to examine the results of other patients being treated by the dentist to make sure his or her work fits your dental needs.
- References. References allow you to get a sense of the quality of care the dentist provides.
- Proof of continuing education. Be certain that your dentist has taken continuing education courses to keep him or her up-to-date with the latest techniques in clinical cosmetic dentistry.